The New Era of Home WiFi
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current Wi-Fi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
RT-AX88U is a 4×4 dual-band Wi-Fi router that provides 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 6000Mbps — 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX88U is 2.3X faster than 802.11ac 4×4 dual-band routers.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive Wi-Fi experience.
Give your Online Gaming a Double Boost
RT-AX88U’s Adaptive QoS prioritizes game packets for smoother online play. It also has built-in wtfast® to seek out and secure the shortest possible path between your gaming device and the game server, minimizing game ping and lag2.Commercial-grade Security for your Home Network
RT-AX88U has lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™ with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats. This strong security offers advanced parental controls, including the ability to block specific websites and mobile app types.
Wired or Wireless. The Choice is Yours.
More LAN Ports for
Eight Gigabit LAN ports make RT-AX88U the ideal solution if you have multiple wired devices, such as NAS systems, PCs and switches. And, if you ever want to host a LAN party at home, RT-AX88U makes it possible.
Wireless that’s as Stable as Wired Ethernet
When you are far away from your router, enjoying the stability of a wired network connection is usually impractical or impossible. With special designed antennas, AiRadar beamforming and RangeBoost technology, RT-AX88Uprovides wide coverage and a stable signal, letting you enjoy a reliable and smooth connection for gaming or work anywhere in your home.
Powerful Whole-home Wi-Fi System.
The Way You Want.
In most cases, your RT-AX88U can deliver smooth, reliable Wi-Fi to every part of your home. But Wi-Fi coverage can be affected by many factors — room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an innovative new router feature that fixes these problems: it creates a whole-home Wi-Fi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models — protecting your investment! AiMesh gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability. AiMesh is Wi-Fi you can rely on — for all your devices, all the time!
- Turn your ASUS routers into whole-home Wi-Fi system with a simple firmware update
- Mix and match preferred models from selected ASUS routers
- Create a Wi-Fi network with either a single SSID or multiple SSIDs
- All router features works across the entire Wi-Fi system
Extreme Power with 1.8GHz Quad-core CPU
RT-AX88U features a top-of-the-line 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU that is more powerful than many desktop processors. With its incredible performance, RT-AX88U maximizes throughput for the best networking performance, accelerates USB data transfers and more.
- 1 The data refers to uplink OFDMA
- 2 The free router edition supports one selectable device on your network at a time with GPN traffic limits, and includes wtfast® technical support. Users can pay to upgrade to the advanced version for simultaneous acceleration of multiple devices with more GPN traffic and advanced features. Check out supported games list here.
- * To benefit from 802.11ax features, the Wi-Fi client needs to be 802.11ax capable.
- ** Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- *** Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ax specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be 802.11ax-compatible for best results.